Persistent UAS in the Stratosphere Will Revolutionize Commercial and Defense Markets
Check out our latest research on this topic: Global Homeland Security & Public Safety Market – 2014-2022
Persistent aerial platforms, or unmanned flight vehicles that will fly above 19km altitude for weeks to years at a time, will revolutionize several industries. Defense professionals will see reductions in both high-flying UAVs and low-flying satellites, with new capabilities to find IED factories and communicate anywhere.
|A new Persistent High Altitude Aerial Platforms & Payloads: Private Industry and Defense Applications Forecast – 2009-2015 Offers New Solutions to Old Challenges|
- Defense leaders concerned with missile defense, Improvised Explosive Devices, tactical communication, ISR, reducing losses to ambush and attacks on isolated outposts, or Allied disengagement from Iraq.
- Homeland Security leaders concerned with law enforcement, border surveillance, disaster recovery and maritime surveillance.
- Business leaders concerned with the unmanned aerial systems market (either manufacturing or operating) and the satellite market (military or civilian).
- Business leaders concerned with communications (cell phones, portable satellite terminals, hand-held radios), broadcast entertainment (delivered by satellite, radio or cable), aerial photography (Earth imaging, mapping, resource monitoring) and long-haul communications.
- First Responders concerned with communication and sensor data during and after disasters.