Explosive Trace Detection Market Growth Forecast
Check out our latest research on this topic: Explosives Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Global Market – 2013-2020
Over the next five years, the US Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) market is forecast to double. Homeland Security Research Corp’s. latest report, “US Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Markets 2010-2014“, forecasts that the aggregated (systems, service and upgrades) US ETD market will expand at a CAGR of 15%, from $210 million in 2009 to $420 million in 2014.
U.S. Explosive Trace Detection Market, 2008-2014
Among the factors driving growth in the ETD market are:
- The Obama administration’s commitment to accelerating the deployment of state-of-the-art airport cabin and checked-baggage screening systems;
- Currently, no other modality can compete with ETD’s cost-performance in the detection and identification of explosives;
- The need to secure over 15,000 government and private sector secured facilities;
- Bi-partisan Congressional pressure on the TSA to implement 100% air cargo screening on scheduled passenger flights; and
- The proliferation of ETD-based People Screening Portals as a response to negative public reaction toward MM-Wave and X-Ray based People Screening Portals.