Our methodology used to research our reports is based on and cross-checked via dozens of orthogonal information sources, including:
- Our in-house (over 1 terabyte) database of the Defense, Public security and HLS industry which is updated daily – over the past 12 years.
- Our analysts played a leading role as R&D mangers and marketing managers in the commercialization of dozens of security related products and systems.
- Our analysts participate (since 1990) as attendees, speakers and chairmen in hundreds of conferences and exhibitions.
- In-house expertise of professional analysts, each of which played an active role in the market before joining HSRC.
- Information we collected during the consultation jobs we have performed in the past for hundreds of government agencies and the private sector defense and security companies (while we retain the confidential information provided by these bodies, it provides us with valuable general market and technology insight).
- We conduct face-to-face interviews with industry managers and experts during conferences and trade exhibitions.
- We extract data from government budgets and bidding (e.g., RFP) documentation.
- We established an "Old Boy Network" of experts and decision makers, who agree to exchange information on a bilateral basis.
- Open source information sources such as SEC 10k documents provided by stock exchange traded companies.
- We review individual procurement contracts in several countries that provide the information under their "freedom of information" acts.
- As the members of our analysts team have held executive positions in the industry (e.g., chairman, board member, VP R&D, VP marketing, market & technology analyst) we know how to focus on the relevant information that industry managers need to make their decisions.
- From time to time we participate, as members, in dozens of government and other (e.g., NATO) defense and homeland security advisory committees. This provides us with a unique insight to the decision making process of the customers of HLS and defense products.
At the end of the day we fuse the data collected from the sources, analyze their quality and come up with our market / technology assessment.
Stating all this orthogonal data collection procedures and analysis, we ask our clients to be careful with the information we provide. We encourage you to take it with a grain of salt as we have learned that like any intelligence service we can get some information wrong.