See also the latest version of this report
With terrorist organizations posting secure “how-to” bio-agent production manuals to the Internet for download by individual terorists, governments have an urgent need to upgrade their bio-defense infrastructure.
As President Obama stated: “Just as we must guard against the spread of nuclear terrorism, it is time for a comprehensive effort to tackle bio-terror”. Meeting this challenge will require, among other things, shortening the bio-attack alarm response time at a reasonable cost of ownership.
Developed using HSRC’s tested methodology, the report delves into:
- Global bio-detection by systems, upgrade, service and consumables market segments
- Global & regional markets by first, second and third generation technology
- Global & regional markets by indoor, outdoor, hand-held and mobile labs segment
- Leading global bio-security projects
- Current and pipeline technologies: e.g., advanced collectors-concentrators, reagent-less triggers, DNA-based diagnostics, antigen/anti-body methods, signal analysis algorithms
- Regional markets: e.g., USA, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, China, Taiwan, Japan, India, Middle East
- Business opportunities: e.g., emerging threats, human and animal sentinel surveillance, reagent-less detection assays, bio-detection IC3 systems
- A comprehensive review of Bio-Detection vendors , products and prices
- Market drivers and inhibitors
- And much more