COVID-19 Pharma Industry Market – 2020-2024 Report
The report includes the analysis of the following 5 COVID-19 related pharma sub-markets:
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Therapeutic Drugs
- Other COVID-19 Pharma Industry Products
- COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Plants
- R&D Equipment & Consumables
The Coronavirus pandemic has led to an acute deficiencies of COVID-19 therapeutic drugs, COVID-19 vaccines, other COVID-19 pharma products, and vaccines manufacturing lines. Once medical regulating bodies certify the vaccines and therapeutic drugs to be safe and effective, legislators, regulation agencies and the global healthcare community will be faced with ration and allocation dilemmas when distributing these lifesaving medicines.
The global pharma industry and medical research bodies are investing in and concentrating resources on discovering and developing COVID-19 drugs and vaccines. There are more than 270 (approximately 85% in the pre-clinical phase) drugs and vaccines under development as of June 26, 2020.
There are more than 140 distinct therapeutic drugs being researched around the world. The majority of current drugs that are being trialed against the virus. WHO has introduced the Solidarity trial aimed at assessing the most promising treatments
There are three main COVID-19 drug investigation approaches:
- Antiviral drugs that directly affect the virus’s ability to flourish in the body
- Medications that can calm down the immune system when the immune system overreacts, causing cardiac, renal or other harm to the body
- Antibodies, either from survivors’ blood or lab-made antibodies, which attack the virus
Vaccine creators are rushing to develop COVID-19 vaccines and have enhanced ten candidates entered into clinical trials.
Vaccine development is typically a long game. For example, the FDA approved a first vaccine against Ebola virus last year, 43 years after the Ebola virus was revealed. Vaccine developers have made little headway with HIV or pulmonary syncytial virus, in spite of massive investments. It takes 8-12 years on average, to develop a vaccine. With the COVID-19 crisis looming, everyone is hoping that this time will be different.
Most experts argue that 18 months for a first vaccine is an extremely hard-hitting schedule, some believe that tens of millions of COVID-19 vaccines doses might be prepared for distribution by July 2021. Nobody knows, if and when a safe and effective vaccine will save the day.
The team which composed this report brings 43 years of hands on record in the development and commercialization of healthcare products including: antibody antigen detection, E-health, decontamination and biosecurity, PACS, teleradiology, PPE, computerized tomography, medical devices and more. Our team members bring long term relations with the U.S. FDA and CDC as well as the EU CE and other national medical regulatory agencies.
To adhere to our high standards of research, as nobody can forecast the future of the pandemic, we include in the report two scenarios:
- Optimistic scenario – assumes (among other things) that mass vaccination will commence by July 2021
- Conservative scenario – assumes (among other things) that no mass vaccination will be available until 2025
Why Buy this COVID-19 Pharma Industry (COVID-19 Vaccines, COVID-19 Drugs, R&D Equipment & Consumables and COVID-19 Vaccines Manufacturing Plants) Market – 2020-2024 Report?
A. Questions answered in this report include:
- What is the COVID-19 Pharma Industry (COVID-19 Vaccines, COVID-19 Drugs, R&D Equipment & Consumables and COVID-19 Vaccines Manufacturing Plants) Market size and what are the forecast trends during 2020-2024?
- What are the most attractive business opportunities?
- What drives the customers to purchase solutions and services?
- What are the COVID-19 Pharma Industry (COVID-19 Vaccines, COVID-19 Drugs, R&D Equipment & Consumables and COVID-19 Vaccines Manufacturing Plants) Market trends?
- What is the 5 sub-markets size over the 2020-2024 period?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
B. Detailed market analysis frameworks for each of the market sectors are provided, including: