The foiled ISIS-inspired terror attack on a Belgian nuclear reactor in 2016, which could have resulted in a nuclear catastrophe at the scale of the Chernobyl disaster, was a wakeup call for all governments in Europe. It demonstrated the vulnerability of the continent’s critical infrastructure sites.
A major revision of Europe’s critical infrastructure security planning and funding is already in progress, leading the European critical infrastructure protection community to undertake a significant overhaul, sustaining a 8.6% market CAGR surge during 2017-2022, nearly three times the 2.7% CAGR of the previous five-year period.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe – 2017-2022
The 157-page Critical Infrastructure Protection Technologies & Market – Focus on Europe – 2017-2022 report is the only comprehensive review of the European Critical Infrastructure security market available today. The objective of this study is to provide detailed, time-sensitive and reasoned market information
The European Critical Infrastructure Security Market drivers include:
- The ISIS-inspired terror attacks across Europe that shook the European private sector, governments and their security agencies.
- The European security forces, that are ill-equipped and ill-trained to encounter 21st century ISIS-inspired and trained terrorists.
- Approximately 5,000 jihadists returned to Europe after obtaining combat experience on the battlefields of the Middle East.
- European governments’ understanding that their critical infrastructure is defenseless against terror attacks.
This Critical Infrastructure Market report is a valuable resource for executives with interests in the Critical Infrastructure Protection market. It has been explicitly customized for the security industry decision-makers to enable them to identify business opportunities, emerging technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 157-page report include:
- What will the Critical Infrastructure Protection market size and trends be during 2017-2022?
- Which are the CIP submarkets that provide attractive business opportunities?
- Who are the decision-makers?
- What drives the customers to purchase Critical Infrastructure Security solutions and services?
- What are the Critical Infrastructure Protection customers looking for?
- What are the Critical Infrastructure Protection technology & services trends?
- What are the Critical Infrastructure Protection market SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)?
- What are the challenges to the CIP market penetration & growth?
The report presents:
A. Market data – analyzed via 2 independent key perspectives:
With a highly-fragmented market, we address the Critical Infrastructure security budget and “money trail” (each dollar spent on Critical Infrastructure Protection is analyzed and crosschecked via 2 orthogonal viewpoint):
- 18 national markets:
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- 3 Revenue source markets:
- Products sales
- Aftersales revenues (maintenance & upgrades)
- Other revenues (consulting, planning, training, contracted services and government funded R&D)
B.Detailed market analysis:
- Market drivers & inhibitors
- Business opportunities
- SWOT analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Business environment
- 17 European national markets
- Appendix A: European Homeland Security & Public Safety Related Product Standards
- Appendix B: The European Union Challenges and Outlook
- Appendix C: Europe Migration Crisis & Border Security
- Appendix D: Abbreviations