Explosives and Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) is a key modality within the Homeland Security, military and public safety infrastructure. Uses of ETD include air-sea-land transportation security, force protection, law enforcement, critical infrastructure protection and public safety.
Following the January 2015 terror attacks in Paris we forecast that the demand for ETD systems will increase in the European aviation & public transportation security sector, secured facilities, first responders and public venues security.
|ETD Systems Sales & Aftersale Revenues Market Share [%] by Region – 2011, 2020|
The multibillion-dollar ETD market is to undergo an accelerated growth period driven by:
- The January 2015 Paris terror attack leading to a European security funding hike
- No competitive explosives and narcotics trace detection products on the horizon
- Oil-gas industry security needs
- China’s massive investments in new airports and public security
- Middle Eastern terror
- Latin America war on drugs
- The Indian government counter terror investments
- The U.S. and the EU legislations enforcing 100% cargo screening on all passenger flights
Homeland Security Research Corporation analysts forecast that the 2015-2020 ETD market (including systems sales, service, consumables and upgrades) will present multibillion-dollar business opportunities growing at a CAGR of 14%. The Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Global Market 2015-2020 report segmented into 45 submarkets, offers for each submarket 2011-2014 data, as well as 2015-2020 forecast and analysis. In 538 pages, 157 tables and 137 figures, the report analyzes and projects the market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Vertical submarkets (e.g., transportation security, secured facilities security)
- National and regional markets (U.S., Europe, China, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Latin America, ROW)
- 27 national markets data including: national ETD market background, aviation security and more
- Over 1700 airports, segmented by country, with their recent traffic data
- ETD sales vs. upgrade, consumables and service revenues
- Sales by product configuration (hand-held, table-top and other detectors)
- Product comparison tables
- Major ETD vendors profiles, products and prices including: Auto Clear US (Formerly Control Screening LLC), Biosensor Applications AB, DetectaChem, LLC, Electronic Sensor Technology, Hitachi, Ltd, ICx Technologies (Flir), Implant Sciences Corp., Ion Applications, Inc., Ketech Defence, Mistral Security, Inc, Morpho Detection Inc., NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Red X Defense, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Sibel Ltd, Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Westminster International Ltd.
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- Recent U.S. government contracts with ETD suppliers (including general terms & conditions, price lists and more): Control Screening LLC, Federal Resources Supply Co., ICx Technologies Inc., Implant Sciences Corp, Laurus Systems Inc., Morpho Detection, Security 20/20 Inc., Security Detection, Smiths Detection, Treasure Electronics, Inc., Veteran Corps of America, Winvale Group.
- Contact info of more than 550 potential ETD customers (authorized air-cargo screening facilities)
- Current and pipeline ETD technologies including: Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS), ChemiLuminescence (Thermal Energy Analyzers), Electron Capture Detectors (ECD), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Nanotechnology-enabled Technologies for Explosives Detection, Advanced Sample Collection, Dual Sensor ETD Technology, Chemical Warfare and Narcotics Trace Detectors, Receptor-based Technologies, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Nano-mechanical Sensors, Electronic Nose, Silica Micro-cantilever, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Protein Coated Carbon Nanotubes, Piezo-resistive Polymer Cantilever, Inkjet Based Wireless ETD Sensor, Amino-silane Coated Nanowires Arrays, Free-surface Microfluidic Control of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Cantilever Nano Mechanical Sensors, Sensor Array and Neural Network, Temperature-Stepped Desorption, UV-PLF, Non-Contact Explosives Harvesting, Pulsed-Ultraviolet Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Nanowire-Nano-cluster Hybrids, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), MEMS-Based Explosive Particle Detection, Remote Particle Stimulation, Laser Vaporization.
- Business opportunities
- Product price lists, including list prices and U.S. government prices of 100’s systems and consumables
- Competitive analysis & SWOT analysis
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2015-2020?
- What are the key and pipeline technologies?
- What are the key market trends?
- What are the opportunities to increase your market share?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the inhibitors to your growth?
- What are the risks to your market share?
- Who are the key vendors in this market?
- What are the threats faced by the key vendors?