Italy COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Products Market – 2020-2024 Report
On the backdrop of the need for essential medical products and services, a new market has emerged, the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation products market. This Italy COVID-19 pandemic mitigation cumulative 2020-2024 market is worth $86 Billion (scenario B).
(*) Market size is year and scenario dependent.
To adhere to our high standards of research, as nobody can forecast the future of the pandemic, we include in the report two scenarios:
- Optimistic scenario– assumes (among other things) that mass vaccination will commence by July 2021
- Conservative scenario– assumes (among other things) that no mass vaccination will be available until July 2024
Why trust this report?
- The team which created this report was led by ex-executives of the medical industry and bio-security experts, who wrote this report with the COVID-19 industry executives in mind
- As the COVID-19 pandemic knowledge changes all the time, we update the report once a month
- The team has published since 2006 36 Pandemic related reports
- Team members exported medical systems & instrumentation to Italy since 1982
Bottom Line: While other COVID-19 reports are written (at best) by MBAs, this report is published by professionals for experts
2023 Italy COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Market Share (Scenario A)
According to the report:
Italy is one of the countries hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic. As this report is published, Italy had 244,434 infected and 35,045 fatalities (578 deaths per million). Italy’s early casualties served in many ways as a wake-up call to the world regarding the true deadly nature of the pandemic.
Following a long lockdown of millions, Italy is recovering from a first wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, with many sectors gradually returning to normal levels of activity. Factories are restarting production and consumers are beginning to spend again. However, the crisis has had a dramatic and lingering impact on the national economy.
Being in the center of the pandemic in Europe, Italy last month embarked on a gradual loosening of its lockdown provisions. After allowing factories and construction sites to reopen and eateries and bars to offer takeout in early May, later in the month, restaurants, bars, hairdressers and beauticians were given a green light — as long as they observed social distancing and strict hygiene protocols.
Concessions are at the heart of Italy’s surfacing from an two-month lockdown.
At least two explanations may explain the hesitation of the government. The PM faces contrasting concerns of new victims on the one hand, and of misery on the other. Italy had more fatalities than other European countries except the UK. But while the Italian economy experienced less than those of France and Spain in Q1 of 2020, the IMF forecasts a dreadful GDP shrinkage, of 9.1%, by the end of 2020.
Italy second problem is the inconsistency with which COVID-19 proliferates. As the controls were alleviated, three zones in the center and south had no new infections. In Lombardy, thousands of individuals tested positive within a week in contrast from Italy’s northern economic centers, came the political pressure to lift the restrictions.
Italy Healthcare, ICUs and Vaccines Outlay Statistics (2019)
Sources: IMF, WHO, OECD, World Population Prospects (2019 Revision)
Italy COVID-19 Market Segmentation Vectors
6 End User and 4 Revenue Source Markets:
29 Products and Services Markets:
Italy’s COVID-19 pandemic mitigation products market is driven by the demand for the following:
- During the deadly surge of the pandemic by early 2020 to the removal of the lockdown, the country’s healthcare establishment invested billions to mitigate the next wave of the pandemic
- Advanced AI and machine learning have a high demand among general practitioners and others who are not coronavirus ICU experts
- Italian pharma and biotech companies research and development of coronavirus vaccines and medications
- Italy invests heavily on PCR and serologic tests. Having said that, national health authorities in Italy does not provide regional data for test-confirmed cases of the virus
- The growing size of coronavirus related information and mounting complications of datasets, and the needs saved by financial resources
and demand for:
- Serologic Tests
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Electronic Contact Tracing
- Surge Hospitals
- Invasive ventilators
- COVID-19 medical imaging services
- Training of ICU and ER personnel
- Strategic National Stockpile
- New ICU beds
- COVID-19 medications
- COVID-19 Informatics
- Pandemic related turnkey manufacturing plants
This 410 -page market report is the most comprehensive review of the Italian COVID-19 market available today. The objective of this report is to provide today’s strategic decision-makers with an expert 360-degree, time-sensitive, detailed view of this interconnected market.
The Italy COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Products Market – 2020-2024 report presents a thorough market analysis of 29 products & services, 6 end user, 4 revenue source markets. Furthermore, the report provides updated extensive data of 37 key vendors.
Why Buy this Italy COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Products Market Report?
A. Questions answered in this report include:
- What is the Italian COVID-19 Market size and what are the forecast trends during 2020-2024?
- What are the most attractive business opportunities?
- What drives the customers to purchase solutions and services?
- What are the Italian COVID-19 Market trends?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
B. Italian COVID-19 market size data is analyzed via 5 independent key perspectives. With a highly fragmented market we address the “money trail” – each dollar spent in the Italian COVID-19 market is analyzed and crosschecked via 3 orthogonal viewpoints:
- By 29 Products and Services:
- By 6 End User Markets:
- By 4 Revenue Source Markets:
C. Detailed market analysis frameworks for each of the market sectors are provided, including:
D. The report provides an updated extensive data of the leading 37 companies (including companies’ profile, recent annual revenues, COVID-19 mitigation activities & products and contact information).
E. The report includes over 2300 links to the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation community information sources
F. The report mentions > 450 Vendors including the following:
Moderna, IBM, 3M Company, Philips NV, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Nvidia Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Siemens, Toshiba, Google, Samsung Electronics Co, GE Healthcare, Medtronic, MedWhat, MedyMatch, Merck, Metabiota, Micron Technology, Infermedica, Infervision, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Microsoft Corporation, Mindshare Medical, Morpheo, Pfizer, Philips NV, Maxim Biotech, Honeywell Safety Products, Philips Healthcare, Siemens, Recursion Pharmaceuticals, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, 3Scan, Abbott , AbCellera, Advenio Technosys, Agfa Healthcare, Agilent Technologies, AiCure, Aindra, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Amara Health Analytics, Amazon , analyticsMD, Apixio, Apple, Arterys Inc., Atlas Wearables, Atomwise, Avalon Nutrition VITL, Babylon Health, Bay Labs, Behold.ai, benevolent.ai, BIOBEATS, BlueDot, Bollé Safety, Bullard, Buoy Health, Care Angel Wearables QorQL, Careskore, Clinithink, Cloud Pharmaceuticals, CloudMedx, CureMetrix Mental health Ginger.io, Cyrcadia, Deep 6 AI, Deep Genomics, Dell Technologies Inc., Delta Plus Group, Desktop Genetics Virtual mate Ada Health, DreaMed Diabetes, Dupont, EaglEyeMed, Eli Lilly, Encon Safety Products, Enlitic, EnsoData, Entopsis, Envisagenics Research iCarbonX, ERB Industries Inc., Ergodyne, Essilor of America, Flashback Technologies, Flow Health, Ford, Freenome, Frequency Therapeutics Inc., Gateway Safety Inc., General Motors, General Vision, Gentex Corporation, Gibco, Gilead Sciences, Globavir Biosciences, Healint, Health Fidelity, HealthNextGen, HexArmor, Hindsait, Imagen Technologies, Imagia Cybernetics, Inside DNA, InSilico Medicine, Intel Corporation, Intendu, Invitrogen, Ion Torrent, Ironwear, Jvion, Kapa Biosystems, Keen Eye Technologies, Kimberly-Clark Professional, Lexmark International Inc., LifeGraph, Lucina Health, Lumiata, Lunit, Lytics, Magnea, Maxwell MRI, McKesson Corporation, MCR Safety, Medal, Medalogix, Medasense, MedAware, Niramai Health Analytix, Novarad Corporation, NuMedii, Numerate, Nuritas Pharma Turbine, Oncora Medical, Ovuline, PeerWell, PhysIQ, Precision Health Intelligence, Predible Health, Profility, Proscia, pulseData, Pyramex Safety, Qualaris Healthcare Solutions, Qualcomm Incorporated, Qualcomm Incorporated, Qure.Ai, Radians Inc., Roam Analytics, RxPREDICT, Safety Optical Service Ltd, Sanofi, Saykara, Sellstrom Manufacturing Company (SureWerx), Sense.ly, Sensory Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corp., Skymind Inc., Vir Biotechnology Inc., VisionAid Inc., WuXi Biologics, Xilinx Inc. and more.
G. Italy COVID-19 market report includes 5 appendices:
- Appendix 1: Differences & Similarities between Common Flu and Coronavirus
- Appendix 2: COVID-19 Tests
- Appendix 3: Abbreviations
- Appendix 4: Glossary
- Appendix 5: Bibliography
COVID-19 pandemic mitigation market research team
The team which composed this report brings 43 years of hands on record in the development and commercialization of healthcare products including: antibody antigen identification, E-health, decontamination and biosecurity, PACS, teleradiology, PPE, computerized tomography, ultrasound, electron microscopy, medical devices and more. Our team members bring long term relations with the U.S. FDA and CDC as well as the EU CE and other national medical regulatory agencies.
As early as January 20, 2020 we recruited all our analysts to research the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation related products purchases. We interviewed hundreds of experts, participated in more than 95 conferences and webinars, reviewed more than 1,500 publications and interviewed executives of more than 65 pandemic related companies.