See also the latest version of this report
The failed Christmas day bombing of Northwest flight 253 has revealed significant lapses in the security measures employed at airports across the globe and has triggered a rush to enforce existing, as well as institute new, more stringent, guidelines. This flurry of activity is sparking a revolution in the people screening marketplace which will result in a move away from metal detector portal- based screening to premium detection technologies. In financial terms, the market will shift from systems that cost, $5,000-$25,000 to more than $100,000 – $250,000.
HSRC forecasts the total market (including systems sales, maintenance, upgrade &refurbishment) to triple from $0.6 billion in 2009 to over $2 billion by 2014.
People Screening Portals: Technologies & Markets, 2010 2014, gives you in-depth analysis of:
- More than 200 sub-market forecasts
- Over 50 off-the-shelf and pipeline technologies, including: passive & active MMWave, infra-red and terahertz portals, backscatter imaging, walk-by detectors multi-modal/multi-threat portals, intra-cavity explosives detection
- High growth/high volume sub-markets by technology, customer sector, geographical region and countries
- Government funding sources and programs
- In-depth analysis of seven technology sub-markets: Whole Body Scanners, ETD Portals and Devices, Multi-model, Multi-threat Portals, Walk-by Sensor Systems, Liquid Explosive Detectors, Shoe Scanners, Metal Detection Portals & Device, including:
- technology and market forecast
- present and pipeline technologies
- eight of the largest national markets,
(e.g.US, Japan, China, India, Brazil , UK, Germany