U.S. Airport Security Market – 2014 & 2020
Check out our updated Aviation Security Market 2019-2025 Report <<<Click Here>>>
One cannot underestimate the importance of effective airport security in the U.S. Since the end of the cold war, no single event has had a greater effect on the U.S. geopolitics and defense than the 9/11 attacks, which were made possible by the pre-9/11 airport security processes loopholes.
The U.S. airport security technologies, industry & markets are going through major shifts. New and maturing sectors and technologies such as automated border control kiosks, cargo screening, cybersecurity, airport perimeter security systems and advanced ICT technologies create new market niches and fresh business opportunities. According to the report, the U.S. cumulative 2015-2020 aviation security market will reach $22.5 Billion.
According to the report, the market growth is boosted by the following drivers:
- The U.S. air passenger and cargo volume growth
- The need to invest in aviation cybersecurity
- Advancements in security infrastructure and screening technologies
- The need to streamline airport security processes and reduce passengers’ waiting time
- Replacement and upgrades of outdated systems
- Growing aftersale revenues
The report examines each dollar spent in the market via 2 orthogonal money trails:
- By 15 Technology Markets:
- Baggage & Cargo X-ray Scanners
- Security Related ICT & Cybersecurity
- Whole Body Scanners (AIT)
- Explosive Detection Systems (EDS)
- Security Related Baggage Handling Systems (BHS)
- Explosives Trace Detectors (ETD)
- Metal Detectors
- Liquid Explosives Detectors
- Shoe Scanners
- Workforce ID Documents Screening Systems
- Automated Border Control
- CCTV & Radar Surveillance
- C2/C4ISR Systems
- Perimeter Fencing
- Multi-modal Security Systems and Other Modalities
- By 3 Revenue Sources:
- Product Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
- Planning, Consulting & Training
This U.S. Airport Security Market – 2015-2020 report is a valuable resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for airport security industry decision makers to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 2 volume 374 page report include:
- What will the U.S. market size be in 2015-2020?
- What are the main Airport Security technology trends?
- Where and what are the U.S. Airport Security market opportunities?
- What are the Airport Security market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key Airport Security vendors?
- What are the challenges to the Airport Security market?
The U.S. Airport Security Market – 2015-2020 presents in 374 pages, 40 tables and 129 figures, analysis of current and pipeline technologies and 37 leading vendors. The report is granulated into 18 submarkets, presents for each submarket 2011-2014 data and analyses, and also projects the 2015-2020 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- Current and pipeline technologies by 15 technology markets (see list above)
- Companies operating in the market (Profiles, Products and Contact Info): ADANI, American Science and Engineering Inc., Appealing Products Inc. (API), Auto Clear, BAHIA Corp (Sibel Ltd.), Biosensor Applications, Brijot Imaging Systems, CEIA, ChemSee, DetectaChem LLC, Fisher Labs, Flir Systems, Ion Applications Inc., Gilardoni SpA, Hitachi, IBM, Ketech Defence, L-3 Communications Security & Detection Systems, LIXI Inc., Lockheed Martin, MINXRAY Inc., MilliVision, Mistral Security Inc., Morpho Detection Inc., Nuctech Co. Ltd., QinetiQ Ltd., Rapiscan Security Products Inc., Red X Defense, Scanna MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology. Thermo Electron Corporation, TeraView, ThruVision Systems, Vidisco Ltd., Westminster International Ltd.
- Airports Security Screening Data at over 501 U.S. airports: The report provides screening data at each and every airport with over 100,000 screened passengers per annum. The data include for each airport, details on the number of screened passengers and the annual growth rate
- For readers who wish to acquire more information, the report includes 3 in-depth appendices:
Appendix A: IATA & ICAO “Checkpoint of the Future”
Appendix B: Airport Passenger Screening Checkpoints
Appendix C: IATA Passenger Growth Forecast