See also the latest version of this report
This report forecasts the market through an in depth analysis of seven ETD market segments, reviews market trends and present and pipeline ETD technologies. The report concludes that the lion share of this market’s expansion will be driven by federally-mandated security/detection protocols and an increase in the number of secure facilities.
This market research provides exclusive insights into this vibrant industry, including analysis by 5 categories:
- Market Segmentation by End Customer – (e.g., Airports, secured facilities, 1st responders bomb search teams, mail facilities)
- Market Segmentation by Product – (e. g., Hand held and tabletop systems, people screening portals )
- Market Segmentation by Commercial Sectors – (e.g., Systems market, service, consumables and upgrade markets)
- Business Opportunities by Threats & Vulnerabilities – (e.g., Secondary bomb search, aviation security, infrastructure security)
- Market Drivers & Inhibitors – Shaping the growth opportunities in the ETD Markets
The following factors will impact this forecasted market growth:
- The Obama administration is committed to accelerating the deployment of state-of-the-art airport cabin and checked baggage screening systems
- There is currently no other modality that can compete with ETD’s cost-performance in the detection and identification of explosives.
- The need to secure over 15000 government and private sector secured facilities
- Congress is applying bi-partisan pressure on the TSA to implement 100% Air Cargo screening on scheduled passenger flights
- The proliferation of ETD-based People Screening Portals on the backdrop of the negative public reaction toward MM-Wave and X-Ray based People Screening Portals