US COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Products Market – 2020-2024 Report
According to this most up-to-update analysis the U.S. is set to lead the Global market* with an annual market* share of 22% to 25% of the cumulative 2020-2024 $1.7–$2.2 Trillion market.
The U.S, is the leading nation in healthcare spending, resources, medical research and sophisticated medical care. The U.S. spends $3.3 trillion (Source: IMF, 2019) per year on healthcare, which is more than the combined expenditures of China, Japan, Germany, India, the United Kingdom, Italy, Brazil, Canada, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Australia, Mexico, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Switzerland ($3.24 trillion).
When compared directly to China, given the rivalry between the PRC and the USA, it might be important to note that China is very much still a developing country in the field of healthcare infrastructure and spending. China spends 23 times less than the U.S. in terms of per-capita health care expenses ($430 to $10,100) and has 9.6 times (2019 Data) fewer intensive care unit hospital beds per hundred thousand people than the U.S. does (34.7 to 3.6). That said, due to the size of China’s population, the PRC has half the overall number of ICU beds that the U.S. has. However, the U.S.’s advantages seemed not to be an impediment to have 29 times more COVID-19 infected cases (2,424,168 to 83,430) and 27 times more COVID deaths than China (123,473 to 4,634).
Despite the huge spending, the U.S. became the leading COVID sufferer and mitigation market leader. There are a number of reasons why this has happened:
- The Pandemic turned into a political issue, not a healthcare one lead by CDC that was established 77 years ago with one mission: to mitigate a spread of diseases.
- The White House was late to take counter-pandemic measures, including, but not limited to: stopping international travel (especially from China).
- The Trump administration has no consist mitigation strategy
- CDC challenges. During February, the CDC used erroneous PCR testing reagents and up to now they are not doing enough testing nation-wide.
- The federal government does not have a national lockdown authority. This authority is in the hands of the 50 states.
- Millions of infected low-income individuals and others, who are not covered by a medical insurance, refrained from seeking medical care when needed.
The USA is and will continue to be the largest COVID-19 mitigation products market because that is the only option it has, and it has the resources to invest whatever it takes to mitigate the pandemic.
The team which composed this report brings 43 years of hands on record in the development and commercialization of healthcare products including: antibody antigen detection, E-health, decontamination and biosecurity, PACS, teleradiology, PPE, computerized tomography, medical devices and more. Our team members bring long term relations with the U.S. FDA and CDC as well as the EU CE and other national medical regulatory agencies.
To adhere to our high standards of research, as nobody can forecast the future of the pandemic, we include in the report two scenarios:
- Optimistic scenario – assumes (among other things) that mass vaccination will commence by July 2021
- Conservative scenario – assumes (among other things) that no mass vaccination will be available until 2025
Why Buy this US COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Products Market Report?
A. Questions answered in this report include:
- What is the US COVID-19 Market size and what are the forecast trends during 2020-2024?
- What are the most attractive business opportunities?
- What drives the customers to purchase solutions and services?
- What are the US COVID-19 Market trends?
- What is the 10 sub-markets size over the 2020-2024 period?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
B. Detailed market analysis frameworks for each of the market sectors are provided, including: